Hands-Free Lifting Operations in Norway
PROTECTING HANDS AND FINGERS
The most effective way to eliminate risk from any task is to simply remove the task completely. With hands-free lifting operations, we aim to eliminate all hand, fingers and limb injuries by keeping personnel clear from any lifting operations and therefore avoiding any potential pinch-points or struck‐by and struck‐against incidents. Remotely operating our equipment is the first line of defense for protecting hands, fingers and limbs, and minimizing personnel exposure.
The Welltec operational base facilities in Bergen houses a number of optimizing and efficiency lending features:
- Overhead cranes covering the full workshop area maximizing hands-free lift activities
- Safe and ergonomically friendly trolleys and lifting equipment for movement of tools internally in the workshop
- Specially designed logistics bay allowing forklift movement into the main workshop area
- Environmentally safe segregation of oil and mud
- Specially designed washing area for tools and equipment with separator for petroleum and chemical products
- Indoor function test and pull test capabilities
- Recycling tanks for collection of used hydraulic oil for recovery (by external partners)
- Operation Center with highly skilled technicians and engineers to support every operation
- Planning and technical division, capable of a quick turn around and for engineering new solutions to suit upcoming challenges
- Specially designed communication room for remote support of operations.
Welltec® develops and delivers technology and solutions intended to transform the oil and gas industry. Our game-changing solutions are dedicated to optimizing the management and development of clients’ assets, both in the form of well completion technology and intervention services required to ensure performance and integrity. We operate in all types of onshore and offshore well environments, including the most extreme and hostile, such as deepwater, subsea, extended reach, heavy oil and unconventional gas and oil wells. Our lightweight solutions are based on a vision to improve safety while reducing environmental risks, fuel consumption and carbon footprints.